A big part of our mission is to educate people on the health benefits of eating a plant based diet, preferably one filled with whole foods instead of processed products. We also have no intent of reinventing any wheels – there are so many wonderful online resources to help any person with either transitioning into a plant-based lifestyle OR help you incorporate more whole foods into your already plant-based lifestyle.
Going plant based does not have to be complicated – but know that if you ever find yourself with questions or concerns, we are here for you! You can reach out via our social media platforms or send us an email. We are happy to help.
- Recipes from the Farm
- We have a handful of recipes we wanted to share. Some are whole food, plant based, others are not.
- Join our mailing list
- By joining our mailing list, you will receive our recipe pamphlet that also has several documentaries listed to help you with your journey to a plant based lifestyle.
- Forks Over Knives (Free and Paid options)
- Forks Over Knives is one of our absolute favorite places to get recipes from. The recipes are always colorful and flavorful and never leave you feeling like you missed out. They have multiple avenues to getting different recipes which include their website, their meal planning app, their members website, their cookbooks, and their quarterly magazines.
- Dr. Joel Fuhrman
- Dr. Fuhrman has no idea that he was the man who turned my life around. He has written several books about whole food, plant based eating and the impact on our lives, many specific to diabetes and other food-related ailments. His books are rooted in science AND finish off with delicious recipes. He has many paid for products, including recipes, but you can also get several free recipes off his website.
- The Ultimate Daniel Fast
- Kristen Feola’s recipes have become a fast favorite here at the sanctuary. I originally encountered her recipes in the book “The Ultimate Guide to the Daniel Fast” which is a Christian fasting plan geared to help improve your physical and spiritual health. While she has many paid recipes, you can find several on her website. The recipes we have tried have been very tasty and align with our desire to be whole food, plant based.
- Plant Based Destiny
- PlantBasedDes, Destiny Veltri, offers up a 21 day plan for beginners. The plan includes a nutrition guide, a meal plan, and other bonus materials to get any person started in the right direction when it comes to plant based eating.