Who misses chocolate? I sure don’t – I have been able to find ways to get my chocolate fix without dealing with milk chocolate or other chocolate products that do not contain animal by-products.
For breakfast – Chocolate Overnight Oats give me a chocolaty good kick to start my day.
This recipe is for 1 container (I use mason jars .. but Tupperware would work, anything with a lid that seals on).
CHOCOLATE OVERNIGHT OATS
A recipe by Willowbrook Farms Animal Sanctuary President, Cris Porter
- 1/4 cup dry oats, old fashioned style
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup (could use maple syrup or honey* as substitute)
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 banana
- Smash the banana smooth.
- Place all the ingredients into a container that can be sealed. I personally use a mason jar.
- Seal the jar and shake it for approximately 1 minute. Cocoa powder clumps – this will ensure you don’t eat a ball of cocoa powder (and I assure you, it does not taste good when you do).
- Place the jar into the refrigerator over night or for at least 4-5 hours. The longer you let them sit, the more the chocolate sweetens and integrates into the oats.
To eat: enjoy them straight out of the fridge cold OR heat in the microwave.
*If using honey, this will make the recipe plant-based and not vegan.