Your lunch option doesn’t have to revolve around salads and smoothies – try making this delicious tofu sandwich spread.
TOFU SANDWICH SPREAD
A recipe by Willowbrook Farms Animal Sanctuary President, Cris Porter
- 1 14-ounce package tofu, extra firm
- 5 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill week
- 1 teaspoon natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- Press the tofu to get as much liquid out as possible. You can do this with a standard tofu press OR by wrapping the tofu in paper towel, placing between 2 plates and weighting the top plate with 3 or 4 canned food items. Let the tofu press for approximately 10 minutes.
- Dice the tofu into approximately 1/4 inch squares.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well, pressing/smashing some of the tofu out of its “cube” shape.
Serve immediately or after being refrigerated.
I have spread it on a toasted bagel with vegan cheese – deliciously tangy. Of course, bread, toast, bagels, spread on crackers – its all good!